HOW TO STYLE YOUR LEATHER JACKET
Hi guys, welcome back to my blog. So stoked, cause this time I’ll show you guys how I style my leather jacket. If you guys have followed my social media and blog since the very beginning, you would have known that I have never wearing leather jacket or any leather pieces before. To be honest, wearing leather jacket is on my long bucket list beside wearing pink fashion (READ ALSO : PINK? WHY NOT?).
I can’t remember when the first time I really wanted to wear leather jacket. But, one thing you should know that I was inspired a lot from western TV Series. They break the stereotype that leather jacket can only be worn by men, bikers, or you name it. I saw they wore leather jacket for casual walk, meeting friends at café, or maybe on the action scenes for sure. What I love the most about leather jacket is now you can pair it with so many fashion items. Its versatility makes me want to have more of them and yes it’s a timeless fashion item.
So, here are some tips and tricks that I will give you guys when you want to try this leather jacket style.
- First thing first, drop your mindset/stereotype that you are not destined to wear leather jacket, like what I thought years ago. I think everyone can wear leather jacket, but keep in mind, not all of these jacket types match your style.
- Second, pick your leather jacket’s color. Although these days lots of people keep wearing black one, but I think brown, dark red and the other darker colors are great as well. Pick your favorite is the best solution, so you’ll be more confident when you are wearing it.
- Third, choose your leather jacket type. Remember, you have to choose leather jacket that match your personal style and body type. There are many types of leather jacket out there. You can pick the casual one, riders, racers, bikers, bombers, hybrid and so on. Do your own research for good to avoid confusions when you want to buy it.
- Fourth, prepare you leather jacket pairings which mean the other fashion items that you’ll wear together with your leather jacket. It can be a plain shirt, patterned shirt, ripped jeans, skirt, bandana, clutch/bags, etc. I believe you have your own signature style and that makes you look different.
- Last but not least, check your overall look in front of your mirrors. When you are done, you are ready to rock it.
Here are my leather jacket style. I picked the perfecto or double rider leather jacket because this is one of the most favorite leather jacket these days. Then, I paired it with black and plain shirt, black sneakers and my ripped jeans. I think this is how I picturesque myself wearing leather jacket style. But, I also think it’ll be more perfect if I could wear my spiky shoes. (Unfortunately, I left it on my parent’s house but never mind). So, I think that’s all for today. I hope you guys enjoy it and also like my style. Don’t forget to say hi to my social media account (IG : @hendrawithjayaa), I would love to know who are my loyal readers. It will be nice, if you guys want to share your own story about wearing leather jacket or any other fashion items with me. See you and have a nice day 🙂
Leather Jacket : HM
Shirt : Vetements
Ripped Jeans : Cheap Monday
Sneakers : Adidas Yeezy Boost 350